Friday 4 January 2013

3-1-13

Same old same old really, started around the quarry entrance atabout 08.40 before heading out down the lanes.  Birds noted were Blue and Great Tit, Chaffinch, 67 Wigeon, 1 Grey Heron, 26 Mallard, 2 Great Spotted Woodpecker, Magpie, Carrion Crow, Black Headed Gull, 3 Cormorant, 300+ Golden Plover, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Woodpigeon, Robin, Blackbird, Canada Geese, Dunnock, Wren, 9 Tufted Duck, Goldfinch and around 500 Lapwing.
Around the lanes I added 6 Tree Sparrow, Meadow Pipit, Linnet, Long-tailed Tit, 1 Kestrel, 4 Reed Bunting, 30+ Yellowhammer (mostly around by the old pig field) 1 Little Owl, Pheasant, 1 Buzzard, Fieldfare, Redwing, Pied Wagtail, Starling, 6 Mute Swan, Green Woodpecker (heard only so cannot go on my personal year list), Mistle Thrush and 3 Stock Doves
You will be glad to know there will be no postings for a couple of days as Friday I am off to Rutland Water for the day and Saturday I am working so doubt I will be able to get down.  Sunday I will return before heading back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment