Tuesday 28 August 2012

21-8-12

After a visit to Croxal very first it was back to the usual.  As is the norm the first place I stopped off was the quarry pool.  Water levels are still very high with very little shoreline showing but with the busy outdoor centre I think a half empty quarry would not attract much stuff these days.  Very disappointing really.  On to the birds and I noted Robin, Linnet, Carrion Crow, Woodpigeon, Swallow, Tufted Duck (wow), Pied Wagtail, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Blue Tit, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Linnet, Goldfinch (a flock of about 50 birds was on the seeding thistle heads on the edge of the conveyor belt in the quarry with a few more seen around the lanes), Black Headed Gull, Mute Swan, Canada Geese, Pheasant, Wren, Cormorant and a Grey Heron.  On to the lanes and it did not get any better.  I noted Tree Sparrow, Mallard over, Stock Dove, 2 Little Owls, Yellowhammer, 2 Grey Partridge calling, Great Tit, Buzzard, Blackcap, Blackbird, Magpie and Moorhen.
The lack of photography may have been noted in this blog, reason being my camera broke and I cant find a decent replacement for it however I have just had a new phone.  Not bad eh? 


No comments:

Post a Comment