Monday 20 August 2012

20-8-12

I have decided to have my first week ofof the year and with nothing planned I am hoping to keep up my attendance at Whitemoor Haye even though it has been pretty poor this summer.  First site was the quarry pool and birds noted were Carrion Crow, Blackbird, Robin, Yellowhammer, Black Headed Gull, 2 Common Sandpipers, Linnet, Swallow, Wren, Woodpigeon, 1 Great Spotted Woodpecker, Great Tit, Goldfinch, 1 Yellow Wagtail and Lesser Black-backed Gulls,  Very quiet. On to the lanes and I added Mute Swan, Tree Sparrow, Common Whitethroat, 1 Buzzard, Stock Dove, a suprise in the shape of  a Nuthatch in a tree near the Little Owl tree, 1 Little Owl in the Little Owl tree!!!!!, Magpie, Blue Tit, Starling, Moorhen and Pheasant.  All in all a very disappointing visit with very little showing.  Oh for the autumn.  

No comments:

Post a Comment