Monday 3 September 2012

3-9-12

I was not meant to be birding tonight but my dog needed a walk so we went round WH and carried my binoculars with me however my scope was in the car and I suppose a stop at the quarry pool would not go amiss.  Around the lanes first and birds noted were Carrion Crow, about 130 Linnet, Black Headed Gull, about 40 Tree Sparrow around the site, 1 Buzzard, Woodpigeon, Robin, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Stock Dove, Pheasant, Jackdaw, Swallow, Magpie, Yellowhammer, Wren, and about 10 Goldfinch on the pig field however there were definately more feeding on the thistle heads.  A quick stop at the quarry pool and I added 1 Cormorant flying over, 1 Tufted Duck, Canada Geese, 2 Common Sandpiper, Pied Wagtail, 1 Great Spotted Woodpecker, 6 Yellow Wagtail on the quarry, Great Tit, 2 Lapwing over, 2 Treecreeper, Blackbird and Starling.   

No comments:

Post a Comment