Monday 23 July 2012

21-7-12

A busy weekend lay ahead so I was up early nice and early to get to WH however as I drove from Alrewas the mist started rolling in, so much in fact I couldnt see the water on the pool let alone no birds which would be on it!!!!  Because of this I changed my plans for the day and went home and went to work but I did come down mid afternoon but this is never a good time around WH.  Birds noted were 14 Mute Swans, a single Grey Heron, Goldfinch, Woodpigeon, Carrion Crow, 2 Oystercatchers, about 30 Tree Sparrows, several Wrens, 1 Buzzard, 1 Common Sandpiper, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Swallows, Pheasant, Robin, Blue Tit, Yellowhammer, Linnet, 1 Chiffchaff, Blackbird, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Swift, 5 Shelduck which flew through possibly landing on the furthest pool, Dunnock, a pair of Reed Buntings, Magpie, the odd Black Headed Gull, 1 Little Owl, Chaffinch, 4 Common Whitethroats, Stock Dove, a single Common Tern, Moorhen, 3 Cormorants, Pied Wagtail, Green Woodpecker, Greylag and Canada Geese

No comments:

Post a Comment